Seismic Data Processing
At DUG we focus on producing accurately processed and imaged seismic data that is ready for input into amplitude and inversion studies. We have developed key technologies in coherent and incoherent noise removal, velocity model building, data regularisation, residual moveout, and migration to meet this goal.
DownUnder GeoSolutions has a comprehensive processing toolkit, DUG Insight, which includes:
- DUG Broad - wave-equation-based deghosting and redatuming. Your key to broadband data (Click here for more information)
- Source signature deconvolution using near-field hydrophone recordings
- SRME and IME - 3D true-azimuth, surface-related and interbed multiple elimination respectively
- DUG SWAMI - 3D shallow water attenuation of multiples by inversion
- Surface consistent processing (statics, amplitudes, deconvolution)
- DUG Reg - 2D/3D/4D/5D interpolation/regularisation (offset-azimuth and COV)
- Various noise removal techniques including multi-dimensional Cadzow filtering
- Wide azimuth tools including COV processing and anisotropic, azimuthal moveout corrections
- Automatic residual moveout picking and gather flattening
- Comprehensive post migration workflows
We process all types of data from land and marine through to OBC, from 2D to 3D and 4D. Our largest project to date was 22,000 sq km - a single tomography run over the whole area.
Timeslice (400 ms) before and after acquisition footprint removal.
Timeslice through a mid offset (1000 m) before and after 5D regularisation (DUG Reg).
Timeslice before and after anisotropic azimuthal moveout correction. This data is from Australia’s southern margin (courtesy Origin Energy).